Job Title: Elevates U After School Program Site Lead
Part-Time Position: 15/hours per week
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 3-6pm, only on day that Metro Nashville Public Schools are in session. Twice monthly there will be staff meetings for 1 hour prior to the start of the start of ElevateU to discuss curriculum, schedule, and other activities as needed.
Salary Range: $18-20/hour
About Elmington Elevates: Our mission is to ELEVATE our community to learn, grow, and thrive. We’re passionate about ending cycles of poverty where we live, work, and play. Our After-School program is free to families and creates not only a safe after-school environment, but will be a place of mentorship, learning, and fun!
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Program Director (PD) the Elmington Elevates Elevate U After School Program Staff Site Lead will be supervise children and participate in all activities. They will participate in curriculum and schedule creation. In the absence of the Program Director, the Site Lead will be the senior staff member in charge of the program.
Key Responsibilities: The specific duties of the Program Site Lead include supporting and leading enrichment activities as assigned by the Program Director. The Program Site Lead will engage actively with students and parents daily, supporting Program Director with preparation of materials and supplies, as needed. Site Lead should be able to have appropriate communication with children and have patience to ensure students feel safe and valued in our program. They should also be prepared to lead ElevateU in the absence of the Program Director.
Site Lead Duties:
• Be familiar with program schedule/calendar and be prepared to execute activities as assigned by PD
• Successful candidates will be creative, enjoy working with children, and strong problem solvers
• Develops rapport and builds relationships with students, student families, and CLEM staff
• Supports all activities, monitors behavior, and supports curriculum activities
• Communicates with Program Director to suggest opportunities for program improvement, as needed
• Maintains cleanliness in all program areas
• Responsible for immediately reporting and documenting any and all injuries or incidents utilizing established Elevates procedures for notification to parents and administration
Position Experience and Education Details:
• High School diploma required; Associates Degree desired.
• Ability to speak and write Standard English appropriate in a public-school setting
• Must be interested in working with youth in a classroom, after school, or recreation environment
• ACES and Trauma training desired, or willingness to complete training upon employment
• First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to become certified upon employment
• Must pass criminal background check and preemployment drug screening
Physical Demands and Essential Functions:
• Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, sit, crouch, bend, speak, and hear
• Ability to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects between 10 and 20 pounds
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others
• Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity with others
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.