Youth Site Coordinator
Type: Part-Time Non-exempt
Schedule: Monday – Friday from 3:30 pm-6:00 pm for Middle School locations
Monday – Friday from 2:00 pm-6:00 pm for Elementary School locations
Pay: $17.00-$20.00 dollars per hour
Moves & Grooves, Inc. is a non-profit organization that is committed to enhancing the lives of at-risk youth through arts and education within the Metro Nashville area. Our Mission is to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs. Our Vision, is for Moves & Grooves to serve as the premier center of performing arts for at-risk youth in the Metropolitan Nashville area. Our Purpose is to develop youth who are not only passionate about their communities but are also connected and committed to a lifestyle of continuous learning, unwavering moral character, solid core values and exceptional standards
Essential Job Duties:
– Monitor a group of school-aged children to ensure their safety while on site with us.
– Enforce a behavior management plan that is firm but fair and demonstrates compassion, empathy, flexibility, and high expectations for our students which includes rewarding students for exceptional behavior.
– Assist in planning, organizing, and execution of programs and afterschool activities which emphasize project based learning, literacy, numeracy, and social emotional development
– Accurately collect, track, and maintain all required attendance and statistical data as well as student records in a safe and secure manner
– Attend all required trainings and meetings as requested by your supervisor.
– Adhere to all rules and regulation at your host school, being mindful that you are a role model.
– Team with other site coordinator to create and update the monthly lesson plan for each day of the week. Lesson plans should be updated by the last Wednesday of the month for the following month on the shared MAG Programs Calendar (Google Calendar).
– Recruit new students. Plan 2 weekly classroom visits or emails to teachers. Each site should have 25-30 students at all times.
– At least two (2) years of college training or a department-recognized credential in addition to at least one (1) year of full-time documented work experience with young children in a group setting; or a high school diploma or its equivalent educational credential recognized by the Department in addition to at least two (2) years of full-time (paid or unpaid) documented work experience with young children in a group setting.
– Strong ability to lead a group of 15 students by yourself.
– Experience with positive youth development and a strong proponent of voice and choice
– Must be able to build positive relationships within the school and can serve as a support within the school including but not limited to tutoring or mentoring during the school day, assisting school staff with tasks, and finding new ways to connect with the school community which includes parents.
– Must be extremely well organized, patient, and have good leadership qualities.
– Can work well under tight deadlines and in stressful environments.
– Must be able to change directions quickly and with ease.
– Must be a positive and forward-thinking person; high energy; dedicated; and have a passion for working with children and can bring your passion for the things you love (i.e., music, theater, engineering, chemistry, etc.) to the site to make it your own as long as it aligns with the interests of the students.
– Proven, steady, and reliable attendance.
*Supporting experience documentation and criminal background checks are required for all positions
• Competitive pay
• CPR/First Aid paid training
• 401k after 3 months of employment; Company match at 1 year*
• Professional development reimbursement after 1 year of service*
• Paid holidays after 3 months of employment
• Positive work environment
• No school = no work (days off when school’s out of session, excluding required training days)
• Warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing you’re making a difference in the life of the youth we serve
*Company matches .25 on the $1, up to 3%.
** Must be pre-approved job-related trainings, submit completion certificate and receipt
*Please submit all resumes to email@example.com*